Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday dear Conner...

Today was Conner's 4th birthday! We had a great day! We started out with the breakfast of champions. A big bowl of captain crunch!
Then Conner had to get ready for school... To which he brought these yummy cookies that we made last night for his class. They turned out really cute! And we had SOOOO much fun making and decorating them! Here's some pictures. NeMa and PaBob are here visiting so NeMa helped us make and decorate the cookies! We just LOVE having them to visit!
This is us making the cookies...
and here's the final product that went to school with Conner today!

After school Daddy picked Conner up from school and took everyone out to lunch at McDonald's in honor of Conner. We had lots of fun! Then we came home and played cars and took naps (and opened some more presents). Ate dinner another of Conner's requests.... Fish, macaroni and cheese and corn. Well balanced little guy!:)
And then the boys got to ride with Darin to go and pick up his mom from the airport for a last minute visit! What fun we will have with our VERY full house. Now the boys are sleeping in our bedroom on mattresses on the floor, NeMa and PaBob are in the office on the guest bed, Grandma Wilson is in the boys room (which in normal times is the guest bedroom), and Mark and Kelly are in Conner's room and Corey in Parkers room! Wow, there are a lot of people and a lot of dogs here. 10 people and 4 dogs. Lucky for us we love each one of them soooo much! Especially the ones in our room!:)
Conner is having his birthday party on Saturday and he couldn't be more excited. We are getting a bounce house and he has invited all of his favorite friends. So we will have a load of fun... and one of his friends is actually having his birthday party the same day as Conner just a couple of hours later... SO that will be a really fun day!
A few weeks ago I wrote a list of 50 things I love about Conner. I am having trouble with my computer (so I am posting from Darins and can't cut and paste) so instead of retyping them all I will just put a few of them in here. Really I could come up with 50 million things I love about Conner, but I didn't think he or anyone really would be interested in reading a list that long:)... So I kept it somewhat short. Here are a few:
I love Conner's sweet and sensitive personality.
I love Conner's intense interests in whatever he is interested in at that moment. Enthusiasm!
I love Conner's typical answer for why things are the way they are, even when it doesn't really make sense- "because God made it that way." Like, why can't Buzz Lightyear really fly?
I love that Conner is very inviting to other kids. He may be shy, but I've not ever seen him leave another kid out.
I love that Conner loves his little brother and his daddy soooo much! And still has a special place in his heart for his mommy.
These are just a few things that I LOVE about Conner. But really God couldn't have blessed me with children that I could possibly love more than these two. They are both so precious, and my heart is melted everytime I kiss their sweet faces. Thank you God for two beautiful gifts!
Happy Birthday Conner, my big big 4 year old!

3 comments:

Risberg Family said...

Hello!! What a sweet summary of Conner's big day yesterday... looked like lots of fun! Daniel had a HUGE smile on his face when I showed him the picture of those cookies... yummy!! I still remember doing Xmas cookies with the boys when they were not even 2... frosting everywhere, so much cookie dough being eaten... so funny. Have fun on Saturday. Wish we could be there... miss you guys.
Love, The Risbergs

dana said...

Happiest Birthday Conner!!! Sounds like a very fun filled day...and people filled day too! How very special! Wish we could be there...oh how we wish we were closer, miss you all so much. We especially miss you this time of year!

LOVE you all so!!!

faithful love said...

Happy Birthday Conner...wish we could celebrate it with you too...it sounds like you are having a lot of fun though...you are getting so old now....you'll be driving before we know it!!! The cookies looked really good, and silly NeMa for getting frosting on her face....it appears she had as much fun as you did!!!
Hugs,
Aunt Faith, Uncle Bob and Luke