Tuesday, June 23, 2009

just an update on our happenings...

Conner enjoying roasting his marshmallow...


Parker doesn't really roast the marshmallows... he just puts them on the hanger and then eats them. Which Darin thinks is hysterical. It is pretty funny!
I have been meaning to update the blog with some recent pictures of what we have been up to, but I can't find the time and energy (I know that is lame since it only takes a couple of minutes... but lame or not its true) to upload from my camera. Today Darin did take some pictures on his phone though, and I sent them to myself... so here they are!
We have been enjoying Darin's birthday gift from us... which was an outdoor fire pit. Tonight we grilled yummy hamburgers, and ate dinner outside (even though it was somewhere around 100 degrees and humid as can be)... and then roasted marshmallows around the even toastier fire. I know crazy... but we had lots of fun as a family.
We are getting ready for "baby Brooke" to come.... She should be here in about 7 weeks! YAY! We still have so much to do, but the third time around and I am not so obsessed with having every little nursery detail taken care of. Thank goodness... although I am thinking it crucial to have the crib set up at least?! Darin keeps reminding me that we have "plenty" of time. Although to him for most things hours are plenty of time!LOL So, we will see. The pack-n-play is pretty easy to set up, so if it comes to that...:) It won't. I'm way to stubborn for it to get that far!LOL
Today Parker sang to his little sister, and proceeded to poke her with a piece of Styrofoam to "see if she would kick him." The boys are simply too cute with their little sister!
Not too cute right this moment as they are refusing to go to sleep and it is 10 minutes to 10 right now... but really very cute otherwise:)
Another update... we are definitly in the country (even if we are in a neighborhood in the country no matter...) we found another huge snake in our backyard. We assume it was the same kind... it turned out to be a "blotched water snake." I had e-mailed a guy at animal control some pictures of it and that was what he told me it was (the first one)... This one looked the same. Notice I said "looked." Like I said before, the only good snake is a dead one...
Another clue that we live in the country (and we were behind on our dogs medication) is that today I had to pull a tick out of Harley's back. Eww... So gross. At one point it looked like it was going to burst, and I just KNOW that I would have thrown up everywhere if that nasty tick burst on me! In fact, I am feeling a little quesy remembering. Thankfully it did not:) So, we put her medicine on her for flea and tick prevention and are hoping for no more repeats of that.
Anyway, not too many pictures, but at least an update of what we have been up to.

3 comments:

Wanda said...

loving the update!!! thank you for taking the time and energy. it was worth it for this grandma!! oh the stories i could tell you about my cousins and ticks, but maybe i should save that for another time!! ; - ) but oh the memories!!! so glad that you are enjoying the fire pit. fun comes in different ways....wow, 7 weeks...time moves tooo fast..must mean about 10 weeks and we will be on our way...which can't come fast enought!!! love and hugs, wanda

Colored With Memories said...

oh my! just seven more weeks? she is getting close! i don't know how you are tolerating this heat...it is insane for june...

LOVE the name BROOKE! so cute...what will her middle name be?

Wilson Family said...

The heat has actually been very tollerable for me... Thank goodness. I feel pretty good with the exception of feeling like my skin just won't stretch anymore, and my ribs are just a little to pushed out:). Otherwise I have been doing really well.
Her middle name will be Rebecca, after my mom.