Monday, June 15, 2009

tidbit...

I am very tired, and just wasted a half an hour on the computer doing pretty much nothing... so this will not be a long post... but i just wanted to document this little quirky tidbit about our sweet Parker, so I won't forget it later...
Every night and nap time I have to rub his pillow because his pillow is cold. He has to have it warmed up before he will sleep on it. What a "silly guy." funny, he uses that term often.
Also... while I am writing quirky things about the boys I have been remembering lately (a lot actually)... that when Conner was a baby... really until shortly after Parker came along, he used to rub, pinch, squeeze, mutilate (sad-but true) our ears when we'd hold him. I actually REALLY miss this... Especially when he won't let me hug him or hold him.
Also... tonight we discovered that since Parker can't marry mommy, because Mommy's already married to Daddy... He should, according to Conner... Marry Auntie Dawn.LOL. Since she is not yet married this seemed to be a perfect solution to Conner. Don't worry I did explain that he'd have to find someone else. At least we know that the love runs deep for Auntie Dawn.
We just had to say goodbye to Auntie Faith and Uncle Bob as they came to visit us... and boy were we sad. We had such a fabulous visit... only to hear "sorry if we don't move to Texas..." apparently some can't handle the heat. LOL... literally, i think they were afraid their insides might have gotten cooked a little too much! We did so enjoy their company though! LOVED having them here!
Ok, so that was more than my one little tidbit about Parker...
Oh, and one more thing... drumroll please.... The playset is DONE!!! The boys have been out there having a GRAND time getting filthy dirty and playing! The pea gravel is not yet in... once it is I think the filth will reside a bit... and at that time when it is REALLY done, I will post a picture. Please don't hold your breath for the picture though, because i think getting the actual playset up was such an undertaking that the pea gravel may not be on the top of the priority list at this time... and because of all of my husbands hard work this is something I will not nag about. Although he may get tired of the 10 showers a day the boys have to take from getting so dirty.
For now, the boys are TOTALLY enjoying it and I am LOVING watching them play on it. I think Darin is really happy that they love it so much too, since he worked so hard on it!
Ok, that was much longer than I expected, so now I will go!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

love hearing about the boys...all of them...glad they are enjoying the playset and can't wait for the pictures...much love and hugs...grandma

Colored With Memories said...

at least conner didn't give lily to parker for marriage! ha!

jerry can feel darin's pain in building those playsets...oh my...oh the amount of peices!!! just wait til he gets to restain it! can't wait to see it!