Saturday, September 13, 2008

Can't sleep

Tomorrow, well today is Parkers 2nd Birthday. I can't believe he will be two in just about 2 and a half hours! I remember not being able to sleep this night two years ago too. Just waiting to wake up and go to the hospital and have him. At this time I think we were pulling into the hospital parking lot. This was one appointment I was not late for. I couldn't wait to meet the sweet little kicker I'd been feeling the past several months. Darin, Conner, Mike (my brother) and I all went to the hospital. Mike helped us out in the waiting room, by getting Conner ready to meet his new little brother while Darin and I greeted Parker Blaine Wilson into the world. What a precious little boy. I never knew that I could love anyone as much as I loved Darin... Then Conner came along and I for sure thought I couldn't love anyone else as much, and then Parker came, and I am just amazed at the love my heart feels. Sometimes it feels like it will burst, if they do anything sweet!LOL Parker was 19 1/2 inches long, and 8.1 pounds. I wish I had his exact size now (his two year checkup is Monday), but he's somewhere around 30 pounds now, and I am not sure how tall... Wow, sometimes I think about how little he was and how he used to be able to fit in my belly. Now I can sometimes hardly carry him.
Parker is such a blessing to our family. He makes us laugh ALL the time. He gives very sweet hugs and kisses, and he loves to snuggle. At bedtime and naptime he is always asking us to galk (talk) and he wants to pray. Which he tells us by folding his hands and yelling our names.:) Right now Parker calls me "Mama" and Darin "Dada" and Conner "Cacur" and Pixie "Pittee." He hasn't started calling Harley anything yet... unless he thinks her name is "NO!" Maybe because that is what we are constantly telling her lately:) He tells her that all the time.
Today we are having a birthday party for Parker. A baseball party. He loves baseball. Actually, he loves blastball! He thinks that is what baseball is too. I guess what he really loves is his big brother, who played blastball (he's since upgraded to t-ball). Parker wants to play soooo badly, but he's too young. So this year, he gets to be the t-ball Dodgers batboy! He is really excited! Everytime you say "batboy" he says "MEEE."
Anyway, today we celebrate one of God's special gifts to us... Parker Blaine.
Pictures to come after the party.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Yes, Mr. Parker is a very special gift from God. We are very sad that we couldn't be there today, but we are there in spirit!! We will call later. Unfortunately, Parker won't get his present from grandpa and grandma until tuesday. That is when it is suppose to arrive!! Love and miss you guys a LOT!! Daryl and Wanda