Monday, September 8, 2008

funny stuff

This weekend we went to Oklahoma to see an aunt and uncle and some cousins of mine. We had lots of fun.
The boys got to go fishing and help feed the cows and ride in the tractor, and jump on the trampoline with their cousins. When it got dark they got to catch fireflies. We brought them home with us hoping to inhabit Texas with fireflies. They lived, but I guess they flew back to Oklahoma, because I haven't seen any in the dark out here yet. Also, Uncle Willard took them to the gas station and let them pick out whatever they wanted! They both picked the same thing!LOL Candy sharks, with a juicy center!:) Conner kept saying "MMmmm, juicy center!"
We also went to the farmers home depot. Thats not what its called, but that was basically what it was. And, they had fresh popped pop corn there. Anyway, we got some and Conner told asked me if we were at the movies.LOL... I guess that is the only time he eats popcorn. I said no, and he said that he was going to pretend he was watching a movie. I asked him what movie he was watching and he said "The Dark Knight." I honestly don't even know how he knew the name of the movie, but whatever. Then later he said "Mommy I am watching a different movie now. Its 'The Dark Knight in The Daytime.'" LOL
So... the night before last they had to sleep in their diapers (pull-up for Conner) because they had made all their clothes FILTHY. Anyway, in his diaper Parker ate breakfast yesterday morning. Parker has always been pretty, shall I say... husky. Well, yesterday while he was eating breakfast he looked really skinny. So I said, "Gosh Parker, you look really skinny today!" And he looked at me, over his shoulder and sweetly smiled and said, "thank you." LOL! I wish you could see how he did it. It was the funniest thing ever! I have honestly been laughing ever since. I don't know if I should just think this is funny or be worried about him! Is my almost 2 year old weight conscience?!LOL
What funny kids.
We had a great weekend. We're home now and Darin left last night, but he is coming home early tomorrow morning.
Conner is back to school tomorrow.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

oh, how i miss you guys!!! wish i was a fly, so that i could come listen in on those cute conversations!!! love you guys, wanda(grandma)

faithful love said...

That's like Josh...when he was little I would occasionally have dinner by candlelight at the coffee table...one time he asked if we could have "dinner by nightmare"...go figure.

Conner probably heard about the Dark Knight at school...amazing what they learn...at school...things you would rather be left alone.

Kids are some of the best comedians in the world...it's great!!! What a nice imagination Conner has...that's great.

Have a great week...