Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lots to say... little time.

Not that I have a little bit of time right now... I have many other things I should be doing, but nothing pressing on me. The problem is that I have been having a really hard time getting around to posting something lately.
We had a fabulous trip to Wisconsin which ended last Friday. We did so much while we were up there! Fishing, campfires, four wheeling,a fish fry, clay bird shooting, and most importantly spending time with special family up there... My dad, my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, great aunts and uncles. We had so much fun, and made some special memories.
We rented a minivan and I can't even begin to say how well the boys did! They totally exceeded our expectations of what the trip would be like! Conner enjoyed getting to watch unlimited movies, and Parker just kind of hung out. One day while driving (a day that we spent 12 hours traveling) Parker got bored, and it was the funniest thing to watch a two year old get bored. He was babbling, and drawing out his words like a song... Darin and I were hysterical.
We enjoyed swimming in each hotels pool that we stayed at... and we really enjoyed all the corn fields we drove by. Not really, actually. I could not believe the miles of nothing that Iowa and Kansas are.
While in Wisconsin the boys got to fish quite a bit and they both caught several fish. It was really fun to watch them reel them in (with help) and the excitement on their faces was priceless.
The hilarious story of the trip is that on our last night there Darin and I were talking about all the things we did while we were there and what were the boys favorite parts of the trip. We asked them if they enjoyed fishing, and then if they thought it was fun to watch Grandpa Lapp clean the fish. They both said yes, and I said (note: my dad is a big hunter) "Maybe someday you guys could watch grandpa clean a dear, or a duck or something." And Parker, as serious as can be said "Or a people." At that Conner, Darin and I just laughed and laughed. Being the little comedian he is Parker continued on with all kinds of things he thought would make us laugh. He is so cute!
Anyway, I have pictures to post, but they are not here at the computer... I know I'm lazy... but I will post them later.

3 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

what a wonderful trip...but you know the saying...if there aren't pictures, it didn't happen!

dana said...

Glad you guys had a wonderful trip...memories like that are priceless. Parker sounds like quite a funny guy...I'm sure he and Wyatt would make quite a pair! Can you believe they are almost 3? Glad you're home safe and sound awaiting the arrival of Baby Girl! :)

Wanda said...

thanks so much for taking the time to write about your trip!! sounds like you all had a great time. can't wait for the pictures!!! only 5 more weeks and we will be on our way to visit!! sure are looking forward to seeing you and the boys - excepially the BIG boy....and meeting the newest little princess!! much love and hugs!!