Saturday, October 4, 2008

label me crazy!

Ok, well despite being sick (not still... again! UGH!) I cannot sleep. You're going to laugh that this is why I can't sleep... but seriously it is to blame.

I got a label maker. It is the cause of my inability to sleep. Tonight I went through and labeled my scrapbook stuff organizer. And my plastic set of drawers for my fabric. Trust me I did not organize anything, just labeled about 8 drawers that were already somewhat organized... I just moved a few things around to put truth to the labels.

Well... then I went to bed. Darin fell asleep (as usual! He hardly ever has a hard time sleeping). I on the otherhand got totally overwhelmed by what needs to be labeled, whats more... what needs to be organized. I am a busy body for the most part. When Conner was born for about the first 8 months I got really into T.V. and I had a schedule of what I was watching and when, and I pretty much watched T.V. all day. Honestly is there anything else to do when you are nursing all day long?! But then I finally got off my butt and started doing other things. I had never been a big t.v watcher before that... and I quite honestly got really bored with it. In fact I can hardly stand to think of the shows I used to watch without getting irritated... But my proneness to irritation is a completely different blog... see the one below.lol Anyway, I am again not into T.V. I also am usually not into napping. So, when the boys take their naps, and after they go to bed I usually get my house clean, sew, scrapbook, have quiet time really whatever needs to be done, but I am usually productive. As of late, I have been sleeping everytime they are sleeping. Or I am on the internet...LOL... like right now. I have not been doing anything. Well, I have been keeping my house fairly clean, but I have not gotten anything done other than that. So... back to the labeling thing. I feel like I have to clean out my closets, pantry, the boys toys, my clothes... Also earlier today I was trying to make up a menu. I don't really know who reads this blog... and I don't know if you know, but right now we have some friends living with us. Making dinner is such a chore for me (as I am sure for any mom) just because I never know what to make. Now I have more pressure for making a good variety of foods, because we have guests (even though they are totally not picky). Also Darin has been getting a little irritated (and I can't say I don't agree) with my frequent trips to the grocery store. If I could just do my menu and a correlating grocery list I could cut out a bunch of trips. The problem is, I just don't feel like it.LOL... Right now we have two refrigerators and a pantry full of food. To Darin this means that we shouldn't have to go to the grocery store.... But everytime I got to make something we are missing something. None of the food goes together. Sometimes I guess this just happens... but another reason is because our friends who are living here brought a whole bunch of food with them, and some of its not stuff I usually make. Anyway, my point is I desperately need to go through everything and make a list of what we have and incorporate it into my menu. Easier said than done with two little kids and no motivation.

Also, I have not been on a consistent workout routine in FOREVER it seems like. Working out is such a stress release for me, and it is a vicious cycle for me that whenever I get out of the routine I feel crappy so I can't get myself motivated to go, but I know that if I go, I will feel better.

And... I am in a bible study that I am really enjoying, but I am not doing all the work that I should be. I am reading and journaling what I am supposed to, but I am doing it all the day before we meet, and it should be spread out over the course of the week. I know that if I was in the word everyday I would feel better too.

Ok, so I just vented... but seriously that label maker I thought would make my life easier, but it is just causing me to loose sleep! UGH!

After writing this I decided that I really do just want this blog to about our family... not me. But I can't cut and paste this... So I am posting this, and it will be the last one about me.LOL... So, if you are heaving a sigh of relief... you're welcome... If you like the posts about me, I am going to have a different blog for myself. It is donna-wilson.blogspot.com. It is kind of nice to be able to talk about what I am going through... but it not take up the family blog.

3 comments:

Wanda said...

you are too funny!!! love the staying up to do the "label" thing!!! sounds like something I would totally do!!! ; - )
actually, have done - but with a different "thing"!! i have stayed up late sewing several times!!!
it was especially hard with the kids were growing up becuase at that time, i didn't have a room, did it in the living room.
I so enjoy reading whatever you post, either about you or the family..so now i'll get to read two blogs about the people i love the most!!!
i'll be praying for you as you "build" your "grocery" list and menu....love U lots, hugs and prayers!!!

Colored With Memories said...

i'm so laughing. i went through a label phase a while back. doesn't it feel good?!? i didn't have a label machine though...i seriously typed stuff up/cut it out/and taped it on. how lame is that?

we should start a club called "support for mom's who always need 1 more thing at the store"...this too drives jerry nuts. i'm always calling him saying...could you pick up X on yoru way home...and he's like...uh, didn't you just buy a carload of groceries!

you are being such a great servant to your friends and family...it is a huge task (though i know you enjoy it) having live in guests!

Amanda said...

You finally got the label maker!!! I'm just so proud! :) I have nights where I can't sleep because I have excess energy or I just can turn my brain off to all of the things I need to get done...so I usually end up staying up all night organizing. I get my best cleaning done in the middle of the night!