Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter...






I wish I was reminded daily of what Easter means for me and my family (not blood, but my brothers and sisters in Christ). Typically it crosses my mind often, but as our pastor pointed out this morning its usually the cross that I think of. What the cross means for me and my family... However as he pointed out... Without the resurrection the cross just doesn't mean anything really. In turn, the Resurrection wouldn't mean anything without the cross either. Jesus' life, death, and Resurrection are the story... I am so thankful that because of His life death and Resurrection it is my story, because as he died there on the cross so did I. As he rose so did I. And... the life part... Well I'm working on that being a reflection of His life, knowing that it will never even be close to a true reflection (or even one of those trick mirrors that make you look way skinny, or way fat:)... But maybe there will be hints of Jesus that some people might pick up on. Beyond that I am so thankful that my image (whether some would even call it a reflection or not) is not what would cause me to go to heaven. Even if it totally looked like Jesus' life... The most spotless reflection... I know that I am going to heaven because of my salvation. No good works, no perfect reflection and also the muddiest reflection you've seen doesn't mean that person isn't going to heaven. Because to God, my reflection.. because of Jesus is the cross and the resurrection. I just hope that to those who don't know my Lord and savior my earthly reflection will make a difference. I thank the Lord that he has chosen me. I just hope and pray that he has chosen my children as well. Prayers go up daily for this. Not just that they are chosen, but that "the truth will be made clear to them" at an early age, and that they will follow Him closely throughout their lives. I just want the least heartache possible for them, and I know from personal experience that with Him there is just less heartache. Not that there aren't trials. Those are guaranteed.... But that He is there through those trials, and that makes ALL the difference.



Ok, well I am not usually one to post anything theological or biblical.. because I feel a bit inadequate to do so... But I just wanted to express my Easter thoughts today.:) And hopefully they will stick with us both throughout the year.



I'm so thankful for my church and our pastor Matt Chandler. God has blessed him with a sound interpretation of the bible, and I am so thankful that we get to hear him share with us on a regular basis.



On another note... here are some pictures of our Easter morning (without Darin unfortunatly)....

Below is Conner checking out what the Easter Bunny left for him.




Here are our two sweet boys with the last of the 20 eggs found on their Easter egg hunt.

They didn't like the grass that "the Easter Bunny" left, so the first order of business was to remove the grass from both of their baskets!LOL
More pictures still to come from the Dallas arboretum...

1 comment:

Wanda said...

looks like the boys had a good Easter. cute baskets...