Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Seriously?!


Ok, seriously are we the "snake people?" This is two... oh wait, I mean, three snakes in one week! HONESTLY... if you didn't read my most recent post on snakes I will just catch you up. I do not like them. Well, today I didn't just look out the window and see a huge snake slithering around on my patio like I did before... Thankfully. No, today I was cleaning up leaves next to my patio and found not one but two snakes. Yes they are bitty and some might even consider them of the worm family... Size being the only reason. No, these are snakes. slithering. tongue sticking outy. snakes. Yuck. I am actually learning about snakes though through our many adventures with them. These snakes are called "grass snakes." They too are non-poisonous. My Conner fell in love with the longer one. He held it, as you can see in one of the other pictures and did not want to kill it. In fact he wanted to put it in a container and keep it as a pet IN our house. NO WAY! I was a good mommy (I thought) and we did not kill either snake... we just threw them out in some bushes... But we did not keep either of them. I will just live in fear now. In fact, as I type this I won't even put my feet on the ground.
When I told Conner that we couldn't keep it I said "I'm sorry, but we will never have any snakes, rats, mice, or spiders as pets." To which he responded "How about a guinea pig?" I know these are glorified rats... but as kids we had a couple guinea pigs, so I couldn't say no. Those are fine with me, so I said "Ok." His response was, "well I don't think you are going to find any guinea pigs under those leaves, Mommy."
Anyway, hopefully this won't deter any people from coming to visit us (hey at least we haven't found any in the house).





1 comment:

Dawn said...

Conner cracks me up - sounds like a funny conversation. At least he didn't ask if you could go and get the guinea pig right now! :)