Sunday, August 31, 2008

Family time

Today we had nothing planned. I kind of hate those days, because I feel like they are wasted when we just sit at home and do NOTHING... Especially when Darin is home, because (lately especially) it feels like those days are few and far between. Although, I have to say he has been home for almost a week now, because his airplane is broken. So, not so nice for Mr. Brewer, but great for us.
Anyway, we had nothing planned... But we soon decided that we would go to the gym as a family. That was fun. We met up with some friends, and Darin played Raquetball with Matt (the husband of our friends) and I worked out with Jenn (the wife) while the boys played with Matt and Jenn's three boys in the childcare. Then we picked up our kids, and some more of our friends came, and we all ate lunch and swam in the pool there. It was so nice. Just hanging out with all the kids (8 including our boys!). Tonight I am watching Matt and Jenns boys so they can go on a date. Right now they are sleeping, and I wish I was! It was a long day. But really fun! Hope we can do something like that again soon! In fact I think the boys and I will go again tomorrow, but Darin is working at Best Buy... So he won't go with us. But... tomorrow night we have a date planned (Jenn and Matt are repaying the favor). We don't have family here, but at least we have friends who don't have family here either, and we can help each other out.
The great thing about the gym... Is that actually this isn't even our gym... well, now it is. Our gym sold out to LifeTime (A huge gym that is actually closer to us), and now we get to go there! I am soooo excited, because honestly it is an awesome gym! Like, they even have a restaurant there and a beach volleyball pit, and we (Darin, and I and our friends) about how we could go there and drop off the kids and all have dinner, or play volleyball... Like a night out with our friends! For two hours, because that is the max time. But thats ok! If you can't tell I am WAY excited about this new gym!
Ok, well that was about all I had to write tonight. I am kind of in a funk. Don't know why. If you read this, maybe you could say a little prayer for me. I think I may just need sleep but I don't know. Maybe some vitamins or something?

2 comments:

Wanda said...

must be in the air...i have been in a funk too for about 3 days....i'm not sure why either...daryl asked if i needed a grandson fix!!! that would help a LOT!!! december is tooo far away....just wish i really could...we're praying about it...maybe when everything is done...have a great time at the new gym on monday...love and miss you all,

Colored With Memories said...

hey! i'm so glad to know you have a blog! fun, fun.

my dad's family all live in WI too...i wonder what area your family lives in...

you must belong to the same club we do. we just got the letter about being bought by lifetime...its all good as long as they don't want us to pay life time rates!

i'll put you on my blogroll so i can see when you have updates!

i hope we can be at the same table tomorrow..i'd love to get to know you better...