Friday, August 22, 2008

In desprate need of Daddy!

Well, we got home from Wisconsin on the 14th. It is now the 22nd and Darin has been home 2 nights thus far. Those were Sunday and Monday nights. He got home Sunday night and left again on Tuesday afternoon. He's not supposed to be home until Sunday night, and he will leave again Monday morning, come back Monday night, leave Tuesday morning, come back Thursday night and leave Friday until Sunday night.
It was so nice to have our week away in Wisconsin, but it feels like we have not gotten to spend anytime with him in a long time! And the light at the end of the tunnel seems SOOOO far away!
We got a new puppy the day that we got home. She's real sweet and cute. But... it seems like my WHOLE life is potty training. I clean up poop and pee ALL day long. Whether its Harley's (thats her name) or Parkers, or Pixie (our other dog-who thinks now she can pee whereever she wants).
Anyway, just wanted to post this, in case anyone reading it wants to come visit us. We're lonely! Wish we could just hop on a plane and go somewhere so this time without daddy would pass us by quickly!
:(
Not to mention that our grass looks like an amazon (the one full day Darin was home it was pouring rain). I am embarassed to go outside lest my neighbors see me and give me "the whatfor!" I would mow it myself, but I don't know how to operate our new riding lawnmower, and I don't have enough time to do it by hand, with the boys needing my constant attention.
So.. Sorry, this is just a big pity party of a blog entry... but that is where we're at. At least that is where I am today! The boys are just wonderful! Love them! I'm so happy that I have them around when Darin is gone! Sure somedays I would like to have to myself... but I can't imagine how sad and lonely I would be if they were all 3 gone!:(

3 comments:

Wanda said...

i'm so sorry this time is pasing slowly...wish i could just jump on a plane and come see you!!! but i can't...too many things to handle on this side...i'll have to send more pictures....praying for you, love and miss you all,

faithful love said...

Conner and Parker...Daddy Days are the best, aren't they? When the whole world overwhelms us, we can run to mommy and get a comforting hug, but when we run to Daddy those arms are so strong, and the light in his eyes so welcoming, and his delight in us is exactly what we need to feel better...especially when you are a boy, cause the boy fun is about to begin...hang in there, your Daddy Dad is coming.

...you should have a project between now and then and make him some poster boards with funny pics on them the boys can draw, and ask them about their daddy feelings...what they like to do with him, (donuts, draw donuts) or ride the mower, etc... then put them up wherever he will see them on his arrival home....make him smile, and miss home all the more...cause there is no place like home!!! Buy him his favorite things, snacks for him to take with him with notes attached to them...pack him a surprise bag...put corn flakes in his suitcase, ok, maybe not..hehehe

...make him think of you Donna, oh wait, this is rated G, as in "string" but you know what I mean ....I did that in one of Bob's backpack for a trip he took, he died laughing....I stuck notes in his undies, and socks too...he loved it. Of course, he will never admit that today...such a tough guy!!!
Well, when Daddy gets going, let the fun begin to welcome him home...for the grass, the night he comes home put a sign that says "I'm having a bad hair day, please give me a mow and style" where the headlights will hit it...hehe, I could keep this up all day!!
Take care, still watching for a price break on flights...
Love, AF

For The Girls said...

Again, Donna, I'm getting to know you through your blog ... my husband has an unpredictable work schedule and is gone over weekends and holidays, but is home at other times - I just never know when those days will come. If you are feeling lonely, call me, I will probably be feeling lonely also!