Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I am sitting here listening to Parker cry himself to sleep. It is so sad. I want to hold him and rock him to sleep. He is such a precious boy. But bedtime has been so difficult lately. With both boys actually. Keeping them in their beds from the time I lay them down until the sun comes up in the morning, has become increasingly difficult... So I ask... Is it ok to lock them in their rooms until they fall asleep? That is what it has come to. I know I am asking... but please unless you have a sure-fire answer as to what I should do... please don't tell me I am wrong for doing this-LOL.
I just feel so terrible about it, but I don't have any other ideas. I feel like I have tried everything!
Anyway, today we had a good day. Darin is still out of town. He may come home tonight- well early in the morning- and then he is supposed to leave again tomorrow. He actually came home last night too... from about 11:30pm to 6 am. Poor guy has been running around like crazy, and it seems like the first day of this trip nothing went right. Hopefully he will be able to come home soon- for a few days. Ha- I really meant that... but really we are so lucky, he hardly ever flies.
The boys and I went to the mall today. Conner LOVES to go to the waterfall mall aka the mall where they have the Rainforest Cafe. He and Parker both love to see the gorillas and the alligator. Its so cute. When they see the gorillas they both start beating their chests and hollering.
Sweet boys!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I am so sorry you are having bedtime issues. I wish I could help, but I don't have any answers. They will learn to sleep all night in time. This "period" won't last forever. Love you and will be praying for you and the boys as you all adjust.

Devon said...

hugs....

i honestly have no advice for you so if locking them in their rooms helps...go for it!

it will get better...they can't be like this forever, right? *wink*

love the blog!