Thursday, July 3, 2008

missing Darin...

What a great dad and hubby we have! Darin is so great! Not that I have one specific thing I can come on here and say... But I think that is a good thing... Because that means all of him is great! Just wanted to share that corny little tidbit!:)
Side note- today Conner asked me if he was daddy's wife!LOL I then tried to explain what a wife is and give him some examples of husband wife relationships that he knows... ie, grandma and grandpa... you know. Anyway, after I thought I had explained it pretty good and he seemed to understand, he said... "So is Parker daddy's wife?"LOL What funny little guy! I had a hard time wording my first sentence of this blog, because of that story. Ohwell... you know what I mean!
Darin got to come home last night... well this morning at about 4... I think. I was dead asleep! But he had to leave at about 3:30 this afternoon. We got to spend some time together! That was nice. But I am so bummed. It would be so fun to get to watch the fireworks as a family... but I don't think that Darin has been home for the 4th of July since we moved out here. Ohwell... It really isn't the most important holiday for him to be home for. Don't get me wrong... I am so glad that there is such a holiday for our country... But honestly, it isn't the most important family holiday! Anyway, we are still going to have fun. I think we are going to parade hop in the morning. There is a parade here in Double Oak, and there is another one in Flower Mound, and luckily they are at different times... So we will see how that goes! I hope the boys enjoy parades as much as I do!:) They've been to some other ones before and seemed to enjoy them.
Today we played in the pool for awhile, after Darin left. Our 18" plastic pool. It was so nice. The boys had a lot of fun splashing around and pouring the water out. It was really hot, but the cool water felt great!
FYI... Parker cried tonight when I shut his door after he came out... but I only went in there and put him back in bed once this time, and he went to sleep! YAY-progress!
Now I just hope I can get myself in bed at a decent hour instead of doing things I know can be done tomorrow!
Night!

No comments: