Monday, July 14, 2008

Random... as usual!

This morning Darin got home at about 2 am... notice any kind of pattern here.LOL... Home from New York for work that is. He's not much of a "stay out till 2 in the morning partying" type guy... Anyway so this morning when the boys got up at 6:30 (another pattern I am not totally ready to accept)... I got up with them and brought them into the living room (they come straight into our room when they wake up) and we all three (four if you include the dog) layed on the couch for about 15 minutes together. I LOVE this time in the morning. I don't necessarily love the whole waking up early thing, but I do love how snuggly my boys can be early in the morning. They layed there and loved on me for 15 minutes! I LOVE that!
Then we had lots of fun putting together the alphabet train puzzle! Parker loves the Narwal (some kind of fish I have never heard of), that is his favorite puzzle piece- he says "Nah, Nah." What a cutie. Conner is getting a lot better with his ABC's. And he's been wanting to write his name a lot lately. He doesn't know how and when I try to teach him he just goofs off... but at least he's showing interest. I bought a dvd today called the letter factory... and he loves it. So that is great! Maybe he will learn his abc's this summer (he knows the song, but doesn't recognize the letters yet).
Darin had to leave again tonight. Just an hour before his grandma and grandpa came (the excitement of our day!).
Conner and Parker LOVE their grandma's and grandpa's... This great grandma is pretty amazing too... She will jump through firey hoops if that is what Conner or Parker wants her to do... I am sure she is the same way with her only other great grandchild, Riley. She plays anything and everything with them, and for a 77 year old woman, that is saying a lot! Needless to say they were so excited when Great Grandma Compton rolled into town! They will be here for a week or maybe a little longer... so the boys will enjoy every moment with them until they have to head back to California. After which we will enjoy funny memories of Great Grandma doing something crazy like hiding in a tiny closet full of golfballs (all of which were falling down, and she was struggling- not to necessarily stop them from falling on her, but to stop them from making noise so that Conner couldn't find her while they were playing hide and seek) at Grandma and Grandpa Wilsons house. What a "great" grandma!

1 comment:

Wanda said...

YES, I remember it well!!! ; - ) I'm glad Conner and Parker will have fun with their great grandma. Just wish I could be there too!!! Enjoy your time. Luv ya.