Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Quiet...

This morning, Darin let me have a few hours to myself. I got to go to Starbucks and just sit there and have coffee. I read my bible a little bit, and prayed a little bit, and just watched the people go in and out of Starbucks. It was a beautiful morning, and I really enjoyed my time alone. Then I went to the chiropractor. I've never been before, so it was interesting. I went because I have been battling headaches since I was pregnant with Parker. Almost daily, with some relief at times. I've seen several doctors to no avail... so I finally decided to try a chiropractor. He took some x-rays, and told me a few things that he saw wrong with my spine, that could be causing the headaches... So we will see. I have to go back a few times in the next two weeks. HOPEFULLY whatever he does will make these headaches cease!
Anyway, now it is quiet again. The boys are sleeping for naptime and Darin is having his quiet time. I just finished reading the book "The Shack." I went online and found Willie's blog... Anyway, I won't go into all that, but that book is really good! I would recommend it to anyone!
This morning right before I left for my "alone time" the power went out. So while I was gone Darin took the boys to Barnes and Noble. The boys love it there! I guess Conner got really into a spider book. He's been fascinated with them lately. In fact last night we were outside in the front yard, and he decided to throw some of his cars into the bushes right in front of the house. We told him to stop and that we wouldn't be able to get those cars again... But he continued to throw them back there laughing hysterically. Then he tried to climb back into the bushes to retrieve his cars... Well, there are all kinds of bugs in there, and mice that live in those bushes (even after we have set several traps out for them)... So I wouldn't let him climb back there. And all night he kept talking about how the spiders were going to eat his cars!LOL. He's really silly.
Parker started saying "Uh Oh" last night at dinner... and hasn't really stopped since, although sometimes its "Oh-Oh." So cute!
Anyway, not much going on here. Darin's working at BestBuy tonight, and we are going to go to the gym and thats about it. Just happy that Daddy is home!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

what a nice day..better than mine right now. i'm having verigo again. you didn't say whether or not your power is back on? hope so. your weather report said HOT and sticky. say hello to the boys from granma.

Devon said...

love that book...makes you think outside the box, huh? i know it's challenged me....

sadly, i could identify with mack way too much.

anyways, glad darin is home. enjoy!