Thursday, July 31, 2008

honk shu... I'm tired!

But I wanted to update the website... I finally finished Parkers room... at least the painting the walls portion of it. Its not exactly what I expected, but it did turn out good. I like it ok. Parker seems to love it. Now I am just trying to get his decorations in order.
Darin got to come home early from his trip. So on Tuesday we got daddy back. He has to go back tomorrow... come home on Saturday night, leave on Sunday, and then on Monday we will all meet up in Minneapolis... Yay, we are going to visit my dad! No, he does not live in Minneapolis, but he lives about 4 1/2 hours away. It was just too expensive to fly into the little tiny airport that is closest to them (still an hour away). Anyway, we'll be in the back woods fishing, 4 wheeling, and playing! And... Eating grandma's homemade pies! LOL! What a great trip we will have! I cannot wait! We've not been up there as a family since June of 05. So over 3 years! WOW. Oh, I can't wait! If you can't tell... I already said that!
So, today we hung out at home for the whole morning. That is not my favorite thing to do... But it was ok, because when the boys went down for a nap Darin let me go out and do some shopping, get some coffee... By myself. That is always nice. Life is so funny... before I had kids I hated being by myself. There was never really a time that I would have preferred to be by myself, and these days I cherish that time. I hardly even like to talk on the phone during that time. I would just rather be by myself and think. Please don't get me wrong. I cherish the time I spend with my family more! I LOVE being with my boys, and I LOVE being able to stay home with them and see them everyday! In fact I miss them when I am alone. But it is just so nice sometimes to be able to think. Conner is in the stage of asking questions... incessantly. And Parker is in a screaming phase. He's also picked up the question "why" from Conner. He actually says "wah." But we know what it means. The point is.... It is hardly ever quiet. So to have quiet time is so great!
Well, that is about all I have to say tonight! Hope this finds you in a great day (whoever is reading this).

No comments: